Tel: 0131 445 2485
Robin is now holding seminars to inspire you and significantly develop your psychotherapeutic knowledge using his unique and highly respected combination of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and hypnotherapy.
A review of Robin Thorburn's presentation at The National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy conference in June 2011, Leicester by Hilary Norris.
“Approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).”
|REBT: An Interpretation of its Theory and Practice with Hypnotherapy||12.00-3.00pm||11/6/16||The Eltham Suite, the Eric Liddell Centre, 15, Morningside Road, Edinburgh EH10 4DP||£30.00||Utilizing 23 years clinical Practice & work with Dr Joffe Ellis: Robin presents 3 hours of entertaining CPD!|
N.B 48 hours notice is required to cancel a booking on the Presentation to receive a full refund. Proof of student status will be required at the seminar if booking at a concession rate. Bookings for a seminar can also be made by sending a cheque to:
Robin W. Thorburn
10 Biggar Road
In these Seminars you will learn how to:
- Utilise individual strengths
- Significantly increase effective interpersonal skills
- Decrease excessive positivism and negativity that longer term restricts good health
- Develop rational attitude and de-restrict defeating ones
- Encourage greater authenticity and natural creativity
Here is what Dr Albert Ellis founder of Cognitive/Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and voted second most influential psychologist of the last 100 years described Robin’s work as “definitely helpful and creative…there are many good things I could say…in general you have done an excellent job”.
Here is what a leading hypnotherapy website in the USA said
“Pnosis applauds and commends to the world’s attention Thorburn’s pioneering work in combining the insights of Psychiatrist/Clinical hypnotist Milton H. Erickson with those of Psycholgist Albert Ellis. Both of these great Psychotherapists left the world with insights that have not fully been assimilated by the professions of psychotherapy and hypnotism. Thorburn conjoining of the two potentially represents a signal event in the annals of the betterment of humanity. While of primary importance to clinical mental health professionals, Thorburn’s work offers an important contribution to professional hypnotists as well as psychotherapists” www.pnosis.com Ralph Benko Editor.
Here are further comments from Robin's Seminars:
"Really enjoyed the seminar. Very interesting and relevant. Very interested to learn more about hypnotherapy and integrate it into my practice."
"The actual demonstrations of the therapies gave much food for thought which can be dissected and applied effectively."
"Very interesting and innovative presentation."
"Found it really helpful and engaging."
"Felt it really useful to learn more about R.E.B.T. and really enjoyed R.E.B.T. and hypnotherapy demonstrations."
"Fantastic workshop Robin, many thanks indeed!"
Here is the format of the course;
- Introduction to the teachings of Dr Albert Ellis and Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy.
- Most psychological problems are a form of demandingness.
- Memory the impact and how to manage it.
- The ABC form and differences between Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy. Rational Emotive Imagery (REI).
- The Vicious Circle of Psychological Misery and the teachings of Dr Claire Weekes MBE, MB. D.Sc. F.R.A.C.P.
- Demonstration of Ellis’ therapeutic approach.
- Milton H. Erickson and the use of metaphors.
- Hypnotherapy, what it is not and what it is*Hypnotherapy its practice and use with Rational Emotive Imagery (REI).
The Seminars are open to practitioners and the General Public.
Please note that people suffering from Psychosis i.e. Schizophrenia/paranoia will not benefit from them.
This will also help with anxiety, anger, depression, smoking, weight loss, public speaking, panic attacks, blushing, phobias, bereavement,pain control, confidence,self-worth and more