Updates and additions to this page will be made throughout the year.
- February 7th – February 13th, 2014: Bangalore, India.
- 2/7/14 – 2/13/14
- 3-Day Workshops on the Empowering Approach of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT):
1. Friday, February 7th to Sunday February 9th, 2014.
2. Tuesday, February 11th to Thursday February 13th, 2014.
Various topics including Theory, History & Development of REBT, Methods and Techniques will be presented; Demonstrations given; and attendees will be given exercises to do in groups and individually.
For Information see: www.mindmattersindia.com
Contact: Jini K Gopinath – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Friday, February 21st – Saturday, February 22nd, 2014: Puebla, Mexico.
- 2/21/14 – 2/22/14
- Keynote presentation on “Healing the Mind and Heart with Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy”:
Conciousness Conference (Congreso Consciencia) – which includes fellow-keynoters Dr Stanley Krippner, Dr Bernie Siegel, Dr Eben Alexander and additional remarkable presenters and researchers.
For Information and Registration: www.consciencia.com.mx
- Saturday, March 8th, 2014: New York – and around the Globe – Webinar !
- MARCH 8, 2014
- The Vigorous and Empowering Approach of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy: Minimizing Emotional Distress & Maximizing Joy in Life.
Webinar organized by The Open Center, New York.
1-3pm , Eastern Standard Time.
For Information and Registration contact:
Phone: 212 219 2527
Suitable for members of the general public, therapists, health care professionals, teachers and others in the education field.
- Thursday, March 13th, 2014: New York City, NY.
- MARCH 13, 2014
- Colloquium at Columbia University TC: The Empowering, Compassionate & Vigorous Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy: Dispelling Myths and Presenting Facts, Theory, Methods – and More !
Hosted by Prof. Lisa Miller
In Clinical Program Colloquium room: Horace Mann 431.
11am – 12.30pm.
- Monday, March 17th, 2014: International Release.
- MARCH 17, 2014
- Release of DVD – Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy – Part of the Systems of Psychotherapy Video Series by the American Psychological Association.
In this DVD, Debbie Joffe Ellis demonstrates the influential and impactful REBT approach in a session with a client, followed by discussion with professors and students about the REBT therapeutic approach and the session.
Running Time: Over 100 minutes.
This video is intended solely for educational purposes for mental health professionals.
For information about the DVD and about purchasing go to the APA website:
- Thursday, March 27th – Sunday March 30th, 2014: Honolulu, Hawaii.
- 3/27/14 – 3/30/14
- Living Legends in Counseling: Personal Development and Professional Wisdom.
Session at American Counseling Association Annual Conference: Saturday, March 29th, 2-3.30 pm.
For information about the conference and registration go to ACA Website: www.counseling.org/conference
Description of session from Conference Program:
Saturday, March 29
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Program ID #248, Room 313C
Living Legends in Counseling: Personal Development and Professional Wisdom
Jon Carlson, Jeffrey A. Kottler, Mark Pope, Howard Kirschenbaum, Gerald Corey, Debbie Joffe Ellis, Robert E. Wubbolding, Marcheta Evans
Join an intimate, revealing, honest, and provocative discussion with many of the “legends” in the profession, including prominent authors, theoreticians, and practitioners, who “walk their talk,” practicing in their personal lives what they teach to others. Issues will be explored related to critical incidents, challenges, frustrations, joys, and sources of pride, throughout long and distinguished careers. With this group sharing time together, expect the unexpected! – See more at: http://www.counseling.org/conference/hawaii-aca-2014/conf-programs/education-sessions/counseling-theory#sthash.8s0OQdB2.dpuf
- Thursday May 22nd – Sunday May 25th, 2014: Chicago, Illinois.
- 5/22/14 – 5/25/14
- Presentations at the Annual Conference of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology:
1. Positively Effective; Positively Empowering: Positively “Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy” of Albert Ellis PhD – with appreciation for Dr Alfred Adler !
2. Coping Healthily with Grief: Session co-presented with Teal Maedel.
For Information about the conference and registration : www.AlfredAdler.org
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, November 1st, 2014: New York and Around the Globe – Webinar !
- NOVEMBER 1, 2014
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Webinar co-presented with Dr Stanley Krippner, reknowned writer and presenter on PTSD issues.
1-3pm Eastern Standard Time.
Organized by the Open Center, NYC as part of the Certificate in Holistic Psychology.
This Webinar is of particular interest to psychologists, counselors, therapists, social workers, coaches and consultants.
For information see the Open Center website: www.opencenter.org
or call (212) 219 2527